top of page


Want a stress-free insurance claim? At Bite Dental, we are an easy direct billing dentist in Calgary. We are proud to support your path to dental health and we want to make it as convenient as possible. We understand that it can be an arduous task to pay for your entire family's health care upfront. So, we offer you assistance with an option to directly bill your insurance. All you need to do is pay the amount that your insurance plan does not cover.


We also assist you with claiming your insurance via electronic submissions. If your dental insurance has the option to pay directly to the dentist, we will welcome it. Now, you won't have to pay upfront and wait for your insurance company to reimburse the amount. You only pay if your dental plan does not cover the difference between the cost of your treatment and the insurance coverage. For instance, if your insurance company covers 70% of the treatment cost then you'll only have to pay the remaining 30% to the dentist.


Should you have any questions regarding the claiming process, feel free to get in touch with us. Live hassle-free, come down to Bite Dental and say hi to Dr. Hoe! We promise to make dental health as accessible as possible!

Meet Our Dentist, Dr. Andy Hoe

Dr. Andy Hoe’s roots in Alberta go back to the 1930s, when his mother Jennie was born in Calgary. Andrew is very proud of his mom, who grew up in the city and was Miss Calgary Stampeder 1959. Dentistry runs in Andrew’s family! His father Bill was the first dentist in the northern mining town of Thompson, Manitoba, where Andrew was born. If you had any dental treatment in Thompson from 1961 to 1976, it is very likely that Dr. Bill Hoe or one of his associates was your dentist!

Meet Our Dentist, Dr. Andy Hoe

Andy went to high school in Red Deer and was admitted early to the University of Alberta’s Faculty of Dentistry, from which he graduated in 1985. After moving to Calgary, Dr. Hoe founded Chinook Dental Centre, where he practised continuously till 2003. Dr. Hoe opened Bite Dental Works in 1999 and moved his practice there full-time in March of 2003.

An avid golfer (with 2 career holes in 1), Dr. Hoe is also an occasional triathlete and a diehard Edmonton Oilers fan. He says, “As the proud father of 2 young children, I share the same concerns that all parents have about their kids’ oral health. Like all parents, I brush and floss my kids’ teeth, worry about cavities, and wonder if they will need orthodontic braces (unfortunately, they will). I treat every child in my practice as if they were my own.”

Feathers in the Cap

Dr. Hoe and his team frequently go to continuing education courses in order to provide their patients with the most current techniques that dentistry has to offer. 


Book an appointment with Dr. Hoe and his team! Contact Bite Dental Works today.


We’re your personal, professional dentist in southwest Calgary.

bottom of page